New Resident Checklist
A friendly reminder of several items that new residents should take care
of upon relocating:
- Make sure your house numbers can be read from the street in case of
- Enroll your children in the local school district –
School District (724-523-8673).
- Set up your utilities:
- Refuse Collection & Recycling
- Water Company (724-755-5800)
- Sewage Authority (724-834-0911)
- Natural Gas – Columbia Gas (888-460-4332) or Dominion Peoples
- Electric – West Penn Power (800-255-3443)
- Change your address on your
driver’s license (800-932-4600)
- Update your address for social security (800-772-1213)
- Update your address for state taxes (1-888-PATAXES)
- Update your address for local taxes.
- License your dog at the Westmoreland County Courthouse (724-830-3174)
- Register to vote at the courthouse (724-830-3150)
- Change your address at the Post Office
Note: For Emergency Services Dial 911 for Police,
Fire, and Ambulance.
Return to Top